The Moab City Recreation Departments offers a wide variety of youth and adult sports programming. Youth programs include softball, baseball, soccer, indoor soccer, football and volleyball.
Philosophy & Goals of Youth Programs
- HAVE FUN!
- Provide after-school recreation programs for the children in our community.
- Involve any and all children who wish to participate, regardless of knowledge of the sport, skill level, experience, or financial status.
- Value each individual child as an important member of the team
- Emphasize the importance of cooperation, teamwork, and personal improvement and growth.
- Improve individual athletic ability through practice and mastering of new skills.
- Develop a healthy spirit of competitiveness, with good sportsmanship the highest priority.
- Help children understand and follow the rules of a particular sport.
- Nurture a positive attitude and enthusiasm for organized, competitive sports.
- Provide many opportunities for all players to play in games and for each player to "sit the bench" his/her fair share.
- Provide equal opportunities for female players to fill important roles on coed teams.
Sports and Recreation Office: (435-259-2255)
Sports Director: Patrick Trim (435-260-0507)
Assistant Sports Director: Rhett Grosskreuz (435-260-9597)
Sports Assistant: Emily Sukiennik (firstname.lastname@example.org)