203 E Center St, Moab, UT 84532
We are located in the downstairs office and are open from 9am - 5pm Monday - Thursday and 9am-12pm on Fridays! Come and say hello!
Moab City Recreation strives to encourage fair play, honesty, teamwork, and sportsmanship in every endeavor, and to create community pride and unity through its contributions.
Philosophy & Goals of Youth Programs
- Have fun!
- Provide after-school recreation programs for the children in our community.
- Involve any and all children who wish to participate, regardless of knowledge of the sport, skill level, experience, or financial status.
- Value each individual child as an important member of the team
- Emphasize the importance of cooperation, teamwork, and personal improvement and growth.
- Improve individual athletic ability through practice and mastering of new skills.
- Develop a healthy spirit of competitiveness, with good sportsmanship the highest priority.
- Help children understand and follow the rules of a particular sport.
- Nurture a positive attitude and enthusiasm for organized, competitive sports.
- Provide many opportunities for all players to play in games and for each player to "sit the bench" his/her fair share.
- Provide equal opportunities for female players to fill important roles on coed teams.