The Rascal Room at the MRAC
The Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center's Rascal Room provides a positive, engaging environment for your children while you enjoy the various leisure opportunities in the Center. Our staff is trained in American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and AED. The Rascal Room is well stocked with clean, well-maintained toys, books, puzzles, arts & crafts supplies and more!
Child care hours are presently 8:30 a.m. to noon. Rates are $3.00/hour for passholders, $3.50/hour for nonmembers.
- We accept children aged 12 months to eight years.
- There is a two-hour maximum stay.
- Parents must remain in the Recreation Center at all times.
- The maximum ratio of staff to children is 1 to 5, with additional consideration given to situations with a large number of children under two. The decision on the number of children accepted will be at the discretion of the Rascal Room staff and MRAC Director.
- Staff cannot change diapers. We will page you if your child needs a change. Please prepare your child by changing their diaper or having them use the restroom prior to entering.
- Please feed children before bringing them to the Rascal Room. Snacks can cause arguments when some children have them and others do not. Non-colored, non-sticky drinks in spill-proof containers are permissible.
- For the protection of smaller children, please do not bring toys or games with tiny pieces that present choking hazards.
- We do not accept sick children. Children who have had fever, diarrhea or vomiting in the past 24 hours may not be brought to the Rascal Room. Any child who appears ill may be refused admittance.
- Please inform the staff of any special medical conditions, handicaps, or disabilities your child has so that we may provide your child with the very best care possible.
- Please label all personal items (bottles, toys, etc.) brought into the Rascal Room. Please put loose items into a bag to ensure they make it home with you. Staff cannot be responsible for unmarked items.
- If this is the child's first time in the Rascal Room, or the child is having a hard time settling down, you may want to bring in a favorite/familiar toy or blanket from home to comfort them.
- Due to safety policies and limited space in the child care room, we cannot store car seats, strollers, child carriers, or similar equipment during your use of the Rascal Room.
- Reservations may be made by phone at (435) 259-8226 or via email through this website.
- Reservations are required. The Center does not have child care staff on duty at all times and drop-ins will only be accepted if there is already staff on duty and the staff-to-child ratio is not compromised. Availability is dependent on notice and attendance. After a 15-minute no-show, your spot may be filled or staffing adjusted accordingly.
- Reservations may be made a maximum of one week prior and a minimum of 24 hours prior to the day requested.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Please let us know as soon as possible if your child will not be arriving. If you do not give 24-hour notice you will be charged for the time you have booked.