Whether your objective is a good workout in the lap lanes or water aerobics classes, improving your swim skills and technique, engaging in therapeutic exercise or just plain having fun with the family in the leisure pool and on our play structures, Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center will accommodate your entire family. Our qualified and attentive staff is dedicated to ensuring your safety while maximizing your recreation experience.
Our outdoor pools are open from mid-May through the end of September. Poolside tables, lounges and shade structures are available and patrons are welcome to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy by the outdoor pool. Drink vending machines and refuse bins are conveniently located.
Bring your family to enjoy an afternoon splash at our colorful, welcoming facility in the heart of red rock country!
We recommend bringing towels, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and water-friendly footwear. Outdoor decks can be very hot on tender feet!
Winter 2020/2021 Hours of Operation
We appreciate everyone following these guidelines for physical distancing and facial coverings when coming to swim!
Thank you for your patience as we work to reopen the pool after the closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Know Before You Go
- If you are sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
- Bring your mask – masks are required in the lobby and locker rooms.
- Bring your own pool chairs if you have them to avoid use of communal pool chairs.
- Limited MRAC services are available at this time. The fitness center is closed; no swimming or fitness classes are currently offered.
- Hours and days are limited: Pools are open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (closed Tuesday and Thursday).
- Staff members are screened daily for temperature and symptoms.
- All staff members are required to wear masks in the facility and on the pool deck except lifeguards on duty.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
for Patrons and Staff
The MRAC has established rigorous health and safety protocols for patrons and staff to protect the public while we are still dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read the complete guidelines:
Key Guidelines for Patrons
Any individual who is experiencing a fever, cough, or other COVID symptoms must refrain from entering the building.
Masks are required to enter the building and while using any community space within the facility; this includes the lobby, the hallways, the locker rooms and the pool deck (exceptions: while using the fitness center, eating, swimming or showering).
All patrons are required to enter the pool through the locker rooms, having showered and washed their hands before entering.
Social distancing (minimum of 6 feet apart) is required between family groups at all times. Tables and chairs will be placed at a minimum of 10 feet apart by staff and are not to be manipulated by patrons.
Hand sanitizer stations are to be used throughout your visit.
Green X marks will be placed in common queuing areas, including the front of the building, the front desk, the corridor, and all slides and diving boards.
For the safety of our lifeguards, patrons are asked not to approach the stands. With any issues or concerns, please contact the front desk staff.
Only 8 patrons may use the fitness center at one time and social distancing must be practiced.
Fitness center equipment must be wiped down before and after use.
Please report anything regarding our COVID-19 precautions that you feel need to be addressed.
Questions About Your Membership or Fees Paid?
- Memberships that did not expire during the March 13 to June 26 shutdown will be extended by four (4) additional months.
- Memberships that did expire during the shutdown will be extended for the amount of time the facility was closed before the membership expired.
- Fitness Center memberships and payments for classes will be extended for the amount of time the Fitness Center is closed or classes are unavailable.